Yandanooka Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Yandanooka (6522) is a suburb of South East & Central, Mid West, Western Australia. It is about 295 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Yandanooka is in the federal electorate of Durack.

In the 2011 census the population of Yandanooka was 206 and is comprised of approximately 44.2% females and 55.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Yandanooka is 36 years of age.

89.8% of people living in the suburb of Yandanooka were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.4% New Zealand, 2.4% England, 2.4% Ireland.

97.1% of people living in Yandanooka speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Yandanooka is 29.5% Anglican, 28.5% No religion, 24.2% Catholic, 9.7% Uniting Church, 4.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.4% Lutheran.

67.8% of people are married, 19.6% have never married and 4.2% are divorced and 2.1% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Yandanooka.

80.0% of the people living in Yandanooka over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 20.0% are working on a part time basis. Yandanooka has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Yandanooka are 61.8% Managers, 12.7% Labourers, 9.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.5% Professionals, 5.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.5% Technicians & trades workers.

The main industries people from Yandanooka work in are 79.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 6.4% Education and training, 3.6% Public administration and safety, 2.7% Manufacturing, 2.7% Professional, scientific and technical services, 2.7% Retail trade, 2.7% Transport, postal and warehousing.

45.9% of homes are fully owned, and 8.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 37.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $912 per week and the median household income is $1235 per week.

The median rent in Yandanooka is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $0 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Yandanooka postcode 6522

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Shadforth 6333 -> South Western -> Western Australia